Thursday, August 18, 2011

The garden path...

Brisbane artist writing about the botanic Gardens at Mt Coot-tha...

Michelle Knowles: The garden path...:

"One of my favourite places in this fair city of ours is the Mt Cootha Botanic Gardens. I can't count the number of times I've visited this special place over the past 17 years. It is typical of most botanic gardens, being carved up into sections including a desert garden, japanese garden, rainforest, native bushland, and tropical dome. Many kilometres of bitumen paths weave through all of these garden terrains. Scrub turkeys and water dragons scuttle through the fallen leaves and shrubs on your approach. Ibis stalk the grassy areas and turtles bask on rocks in the ponds and lakes" .... read more here.




Lovely to come across this post...  do visit Michelle's blog!

6 comments:

Shell said...

Thank you Sophie!!! :)

Sophie Munns said...

really enjoyed your post Shell!
S

Shell said...

And you just made me realise that I'd been spelling Mt Coot-tha wrong for all these years! Haha! Better go fix that! Eeeek! ;)

Sophie Munns said...

dont worry,,it took me a few goes initially!
S

Carole Reid said...

Thank you Sophie for introducing me to Michelle and Zoe! I am enjoying reading your blog and seeing your artwork.

Sophie Munns said...

hello Carole...
good to have you visit...
thanks for the kind words!
S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...